Monday 16 August 2010
By Bobby on Monday 16 August 2010, 11:27
Friday 5 February 2010
By Bobby on Friday 5 February 2010, 18:04
Today's Shponglism of the day comes from their first album 'Are You Shpongled?' One of my favourite tracks off that album is 'Vapour Rumours'.
Saturday 9 January 2010
By Bobby on Saturday 9 January 2010, 14:22
Hope everyone's enjoying the start of 2010 and getting creative. I'm in the process of selecting some artwork for my album, which should be done very soon. Also as of yesterday enuui.org is 1!!! Anyway I'd like to give a roundup of my favourite discoveries released last year.
1. It's got to be Shpongle - Ineffable Mysteries from Shpongleland. There were mixed reviews of this (mainly people who'd pinched it off the net before it was released). I was going to review it myself but I know I won't find the words for how magical this is. So album of 2009 for me, and the tune with Manu Delago 'Nothing Is Something Worth Doing' was tune of 2009.
2. Banco de Gaia - Dreams, Memories, Reflections. I was caining this when I first got it, brilliant production all round, but wasn't going to expect anything less. I've not played it in the last month so I'm looking forward to getting back into it.
3. Cinnamon Chasers - A Million Miles From Home. A quirky electro (borderline) pop album by Abakus. Totally what I wasn't expecting, and its quite different than my usual listening taste. It's got some great catchy tunes and the tune Luv Deluxe has one of the best music videos of the year.
4. Alaska & Paradox - Isolationist. Classic tight as funk breaks with extremely ethereal textures and the purest basslines from one of my favourite jungle producers. Best jungle album of last year. Shame about the album cover (no offense to Dev, the few times I've met him, he's been the nicest fella, but compared to his Outsider compilation art, it boils down to being a mugshot).
5. Cloudcycle's ongoing super album. Mauxuam & Greg Hunter's extremely varied collaborative project from the crunchiest dystopian dub to angelic drones and textures to dusty Saharan breaks. All of its free too and available from cloudcycle.net.
Also big shouts to some interesting producers of '09 - Zen Baboon, The 13th Tribe, Slownoise, Hunee, Manu Delago, Morphy, Eschaton, Fada, Master Margherita, Aes Dana !!! BIG POSITIVE VIBES FROM ALL OF YOU!
Tuesday 10 November 2009
By Bobby on Tuesday 10 November 2009, 16:49 - enuui mixes
It's about time I did another mix. This time its going more meditative ambient styles, theres a few beats here and there but not many.
I present a loosely blended and overdubbed selection of ambient chillout influenced by Mother India. Dedicated to the Holy city of Varanasi.
01. Transglobal Underground - Ana
02. Shpongle - Saudade Pt. II
03. Greg Hunter - Siliconectar V1 (Candle Dance Mix)
04. Kuba - The Operative Word
05. Urmila Devi Goenka - Shiva Manas Puja
06. Elysium - Fairytale
07. Mind Over Matter - Sri Ram
08. Mind Over Matter - Brahman
extra track with its vinyl crackling fabulousness
09. Quintessence - Sri Ram Chant
Right click here to download. 59mb : 45 minutes long : V2 mp3. Or to stream visit http://soundcloud.com/el-cubist/enuui-varanasi-meditation-overdub-mix
Thursday 19 February 2009
By Bobby on Thursday 19 February 2009, 16:17 - videos
Okay, some of you might have seen this before but for those who haven't then
check it out.
This IS by far my favourite performance of live music ever, and I wasn't
even there. The depth and vibrancy of the musicians speaks volume. This is how
to get high without drugs. This is music without limitations. Pure undiluted
expression. My words don't even come close to how magical this is, infact I'm
just waffling on to get you to watch.
Also what is really nice is the fact that they finish with one minute to go til 00:00 on New Year's Eve 2004/5.
I've been uploading this performance of 'Around The World In A Tea Daze' by
Shpongle for the past two hours thanks to my crappy internet connection, so
hopefully you'll take the time out to download it.
It's rather large, a 175mb AVI file.
Yes, it is on YouTube, but this isn't about sacrificing quality. Plus this is a longer video than the one on YouTube.
So please right click and save target as (don't stream)..
Arrrrgh, I can't describe how good this is... I'm melting away into a multi-dimensional puddle of plasma.
If you ever get the opportunity to see Shpongle live, then don't hesitate. You'll be carried off on a wave of non-descript euphoria.
Knowledge Is Power, Money Is Paper.
Sunday 8 February 2009
By Bobby on Sunday 8 February 2009, 14:00 - videos
A brand new video of Simon Posford and Benji Vaughan & friends recording instruments in London's Battery Studios for their 3rd album.
Also a thanks to the people who have checked out this site. We've been alive for one month today. Getting a surprisingly nice amount of hits a day. Give me more comments though!!! Let me know what you've been listening to, who to check out, what artists you'd like to see on board. I'll upload some more mixes of psybient/ambient/dubby shiz very soon.
Also off to Aurora 09. Anyone coming?
Peace & Love.